Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Keeping It Real






I need to keep it real today, as yesterday and today I have had a couple of 'addictive attitudes' around food that I have eaten and drinks that I have drunk. 




1.  I bought a tub of high fat high sugar yogurt because my head has been obsessing about it.  Even though it is the same calorific value as the yogurts I eat on my food plan, the actual nutritional balance of it is not as healthy.  It was an addictive purchase. 

2.  I was agitated and had 'emotional hunger' last night.  I ended up eating popcorn, which is allowed, but it was the way I was shovelling it in my mouth that was addictive and the way my mind was behaving around the eating activity. I was irritated about having to do extra hours at work this week and yet I have been made redundant and finish up on Friday!

3.  Tonight my good friend and boss rang me and we were talking about the fact that both of us have been made redundant due to government funding cuts.  We were the PR Department.  Tomorrow is the big handover of the PR Department to the powers that be at work and after that there is a farewell do for us.  The whole process has been very badly handled and both of us are irritated, so we poured ourselves a G&T and sat on the phone consoling each other. Alcohol on a week night is not in my healthy plan. I definitely had an emotional attitude towards the drink and us going over the messy way in which the whole company has handled the redundancy just added fuel to the G&T fire. 




All of these little blots on the landscape have not impacted the amount of calories in my day as I did track them, but it has shown me that I was not mindful of the emotional feelings happening around the fact that I have been made redundant. 

I know to stop those three blots on the landscape of my day to day recovery turning into six, twelve, eighteen blots  that could lead to relapse, I need to stop it in its tracks by being absolutely honest.  So there you have it. 



With the snap of my fingers I can change my attitude and get back on track.  No time like the present for recovery!





No comments:

Post a Comment