Friday, November 2, 2018

Remember - It's Nothing to do With You


I'd like to share a short snippet from this book  that I'm reading just now - it surely is giving me a lot of spiritual food for thought.



I love to read about and develop my spirituality.  I enjoy that side of life; take solace in the quiet moments, joy in the awe filled moments and can clearly see that there is more to this life than the physical and mental realm we live our lives in each day; there is SO much more than the mind/ego that we all have in spades. 

Having a concept of the otherworldly aspect of our existence can at times leave you open to ridicule and disrespect from those who do not think or feel the same as you do.



Being on the receiving end of this type of reaction a few times in my life,  I've had to ask myself:  what makes this person so afraid? What makes them so adamant  that the spiritual/religious/faithful side of my life is nonsense? Why do they feel the need to dissuade me from my truth with their opinions?

What you can be sure of is this type of behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with you. It is solely to do with the person's own perspective on life, their ego and their fear.  There is absolutely no need to take any of their opinions personally.




Remember, an opinion is not the truth. 

Allow others the right to be who they are, with their own beliefs and opinions and you will remain in a place of dignified serenity with peace of mind and spirit.
























No comments:

Post a Comment